Sunday, October 5, 2008

Great Weekend






This weekend Mike and I had the opportunity to go to the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference. We headed to Salt Lake Friday afternoon and stopped at the Provo temple and did sealings and a session. I was making the temple workers nervous with my belly! They kept trying to get me to use the elevator and kept asking me if I was alright! I think they were scared I was going to go into labor right there and ruin the carpet or something! But it was a good way to start the weekend and get into the right spirit for conference.
We stayed with my grandma in Salt Lake and watched the morning session from her house. It was nice to spend some time with family, but it would have been nicer if Uncle Dewy hadn't been snoring through the talks and then trying to blame Grandma! We took the Trax up to Temple Square which was a really good thing because traffic was a nightmare! There were a few protestors outside but not bad. Still I was glad the kids weren't there to witness that part of it. It was a wonderful session with inspirational talks. Afterward, Mike got to attend the priesthood session and hear The Prophet speak. I was glad of this because I got to hear him at Woman's Conference last spring and wanted him to experience the spirit felt when you hear a living prophet speak! It's just not the same when you're at home sitting in your pajamas!
Although I missed the girls, who stayed with grandpa, it was a great experience!

0 comments: